Sell my house in Wales during Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Here are our top tips for selling your house during the pandemic.
Are you looking to sell your house in Wales during the coronavirus pandemic but are not sure where to start? Property Buyers Wales can help! We are currently buying properties across Wales fast and without delay. Simply enter your postcode below to begin.
Can I move house in Wales during the pandemic?
Yes, in Wales you can move house without any issue. Estate agents are working as normal, so are solicitors and conveyancers.
What if my area in Wales is currently in lockdown, can I still move house?
Yes currently you can still move during local lockdown in Wales. For more up to date information we would advise checking the Welsh Government Website. But we will of course let you know if anything changes.
Should sell my house during the pandemic?
Its a difficult question to answer as it will depend on your personal circumstances. However should this pandemic lead to a recession house prices could fall and leave you with no choice but to sell your house much lower than you had anticipated. We buy houses based on the market now, so selling your house to us quickly before more uncertainty could be a good option.
Can I use an estate agent to sell my house?
Most estate agent are working as normal, but there are less people looking to buy because of the uncertain times. This might mean your property being on the market with Dawsons or Purple Bricks for months without you being able to sell. Property Buyers Wales could buy your house in as little as two weeks.
Be prepared for delays!
Even though most services are back to normal, you should expect some delays selling your house through normal channels such as estate agents or even at auction. Mortgage brokers & surveyors, are also experiencing delays as some staff are working from home and they have a natural backlog from the beginning of the pandemic during full lockdown. Property Buyers Wales remain unaffected by this and we can still buy your house fast with no delay.
What precautions should I take in selling my house in Wales?
Home viewings are allowed, but you should follow government advice that states:
- Initial viewings should be done via computers where possible.
- There should be no more than 2 households inside the property at any one time. This includes the property agent. Anyone in a support bubble with another household, however, will count as part of that household.
- Viewings in person should be arranged by appointment only.
- When physically viewing properties, where possible, you should maintain a 2 meter distance where possible, avoid touching surfaces, wash your hands regularly, and bring your own hand sanitiser.
- If people are being shown around your current home, you should open all internal doors and ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned after each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- Estate agents and potential buyers/tenants on viewings are advised to wear face masks.